On October 23, 2020, FIABCI‐USA conducted a virtual awards ceremony for the Grand Prix of Real Estate. This was a first for the USA Chapter and it was a great success, opening up attendance to FIABCI members and interested parties from around the world.
The Grand Prix of Real Estate recognizes American real estate projects that best embody excellence in the multiple disciplines involved in their creation. The award is an affirmation of the FIABCI ideal of providing society with optimal solutions to its property needs while making for better places to live, work, and play. Individuals from both the private and public sectors may enter their real estate projects in the competition. Eligible projects must have been completed within the past five years and operational for at least 12 months by December 31, 2020.
All entries were judged on specific criteria by a panel of real estate experts. Those projects achieving exemplary status were recognized in the awards ceremony. Winners at the USA level are invited to advance on to the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence, the international leg of the competition. Winners of the Prix d’Excellence will be announced at an awards ceremony and gala in May of 2021, during the 71st Annual FIABCI World Real Estate Congress in Paris, France.
Our FIABCI‐USA President, Hugh Gilliam, stated, "Even during these unprecedented times our chapter leadership, Judy Sykes, G. Evan Bennett, and Polina Zaika, the esteemed Judges, and our USA Local Council representatives made the Grand Prix of Real Estate a spectacular event for our participants. The winners displayed the essence of FIABCI's highest expectation for properties in their categories."
We are pleased to announce the FIABCI‐USA Real Estate award winners for 2020. Congratulations to all!
- Aspen Police Department – Aspen, CO | Submitted By: Charles Cunniffe Architects
- Bleu Ciel – Dallas, TX | Submitted By: Harwood International
- The Cove – Seattle, WA | Submitted By: Vibrant Cities
- Elk Peak Ranch – Aspen, CO | Submitted By: Charles Cunniffe Architects
- The Grove Resort & Water Park – Orlando, FL | Submitted By: BTI Partners
- Ing Residence – Oahu, HI | Submitted By: Trigg‐Smith Architects
- Kapiolani Residence – Honolulu, HI | Submitted By: Samkoo Hawaii
- N23 Student Housing – Seattle, WA | Submitted By: Studio19 Architects
- Virginia Placer – Telluride, CO | Submitted By: Charles Cunniffe Architects
Click on the Grand Prix Winners tab to learn more about these projects. A video of the awards ceremony is available for on-demand viewing. Click on the Awards Ceremonies tab to view it and please join us in rooting for those projects that choose to advance on to the Prix d’Excellence, the international leg of the competition. The Prix d’Excellence will hold its awards ceremony in May of 2021 at the 72nd annual FIABCI World Real Estate Congress in Paris, France.
For general inquiries about FIABCI‐USA, please contact our Interim Secretary‐General, Alison Hudak, at: info@fiabci‐usa.com