New FIABCI Internship Program
Photo credits: Kristin Slovick, Tony Grant and Kiley Decker. © Fellows Program at Coastal Carolina University.
In an international competition, three students at leading business colleges in France and the United States have won awards to attend the MIPIM trade show, exhibition and conference this coming March in Cannes, South of France.
They will work as interns for FIABCI (The International Real Estate Federation) in the administration of its pavilion and will welcome members and guests, while assisting with seminars and special events.
Two of the students, Kiley Decker and Kristin Slovick, are from Coastal Carolina University, an academic member of FIABCI in the USA. The third, Laurène Weizman, is a student at the ESSEC Business School in Paris, France which is also an academic member of FIABCI.
Their one week internship will include participation in study tours of commercial and investment real estate projects in the region of France surrounding Nice and Cannes, known as Alpes-Maritimes.
All three internships are the result of donations from Tony and Carrie Grant of South Carolina, USA who are the founders of the Grant Center for Real Estate and Economics at Coastal Carolina University. Tony Grant is the Honorary President of FIABCI and served as a World President in Office in 1998/99.
- FIABCI (The International Real Estate Federation) was established in 1951. It is a worldwide business networking organization for all professionals associated with the real estate industry and is headquartered in Paris, France. It has 48 national chapters around the world. FIABCI is recognized by the United Nations and is a member of the International Ethics Standards Coalition. It has had a partnership agreement with MIPIM from the outset and occupies a stand there each year.
- The MIPIM Exhibition, Trade Show and Conference is probably the largest and most impactful event in the global real estate calendar. It has been held in March of each year at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, South of France since 1990. According to the owners and managers of the event (Reed Midem) there are 26,800 individual participants from 100 countries with 3,800 exhibiting companies and 480 keynotes/speakers at 130 conferences.
- The Wall College of Business Administration at Coastal Carolina University, South Carolina, USA is one of the leading business schools in the south-eastern United States. It has over 2,000 undergraduate students across six degree programs and 100 graduate (MBA and MAcc) students. There are more than 8,500 alumni around the world.
- The ESSEC Business School (Ecole Superieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales) is an international higher education institution located in the Paris region of France. Founded in 1907, it is one of the 76 schools in the world to have obtained the triple accreditation of AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. The School has 5,200 students and 162 academic staff.
- The Tony and Carrie Grant Trust was established in 2015 for the purpose of supporting worthy causes in South Carolina, USA and beyond. Its main donations to date have been to Coastal Carolina University for the purpose of creating a new center of learning for the real estate profession. This has led to the establishment of the Grant Center for Real Estate and Economics at the university.