Malaysian Institute of Architects / Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia (PAM) is the national professional institute representing architects in Malaysia.
The mission statement of the Institute is “To promote the advancement of Architecture and the architectural profession for the betterment of society”. The Institute provides a framework for its members to operate effectively: to do, to run and to get the business of Architecture within the Code of Conduct and Scale of Fees.
The primary objectives of the institute are:
• to promote and enlarge knowledge, study and practice of architecture and the various arts and science connected therewith
• to provide a central organization for architecture in the form of a learned and scientific society for arts and science of architecture and to provide for the definition and qualifications of the profession of architecture.
• to assist and advise Government, local authorities, or other private or public bodies, to act as a referral by government agencies on architecture and building issues, and NGO for the built environment.
• to promote friendly interaction and discourse amongst Architects – a Learned Society of like-minded persons.
• to obtain and disseminate among the members, information on matters affecting the profession, and
• to preserve and to maintain the integrity and status of the profession and enforce the Professional Code of Conduct.